The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #3,406 of 23,578
Maybe you should try the Symbio.. :)
I love them on the U18t, tried them on a demo Fourte and loved the combo too..
IMHO ..it packs the best of both worlds: comfy like foam and isolates well enough but you don’t loose that much the tia magic like comply. And they are much faster/easier to insert than foam + much more durable.

Btw you purchasing also the U18t makes me think I should re-demo the Fourte, there is space for both in my heart. :D
I'd just ordered. Apparently the dual flange tips they provide doesn't seem to get a good seal in my ears. I hope the symbio will deliver a good isolation to my picky ears. Can't wait! :ksc75smile:

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #3,407 of 23,578
Btw you purchasing also the U18t makes me think I should re-demo the Fourte, there is space for both in my heart. :D
Yeah, go ahead. They are not competing but complementing each other. Fourte has great synergy with SP1000Cu.

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #3,408 of 23,578
Also, if you could -- I didn't find any reviews where they describe the janus with the tzar, which I'd very much like to read -- any links?
I don’t think there is any in depth review yet as Janus has not been released. But @twister6 shared some impression about Janus with U18t. Anyway, I already pre-ordered a Dynamic version. Can’t wait!!

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #3,409 of 23,578
Mar 30, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #3,412 of 23,578
@kranebrain I'd say go for customs if you don't have a pair. I have experience with both and I own the customs and they are amazing. I think everyone needs a pair of customs at one point in their life at least once. I love sharing IEMs, but customs feel amazing.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #3,413 of 23,578
@kranebrain I'd say go for customs if you don't have a pair. I have experience with both and I own the customs and they are amazing. I think everyone needs a pair of customs at one point in their life at least once. I love sharing IEMs, but customs feel amazing.

I own a ciem from jh audio. I love them but they're so fatiguing! Which is why I'm turning to 64 audio. With this said, do you think uiem or ciem

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #3,414 of 23,578
I don't find the A12t to be fatiguing at all, maybe its the Apex, maybe its just my physiology. If you have a fear I would get the Universal.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #3,415 of 23,578
FYI 64 Audio will let you demo IEMs, call them and ask. You just have to pay for shipping.

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #3,416 of 23,578
Nothing from 64 Audio has fatigued me once I got used to the sound signature. The a18ts upper midrange lift took a week to fully get used too, and the Tia Fortes treble took about a week as well. Both sound great though and once your brain gets used to all that extra detail it’s hard to go back.

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #3,419 of 23,578
I agree with @pfurey89 I have never found 64 Audio to be fatiguing

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #3,420 of 23,578
Yes, pulse shape can suffer degradation in passage through a cable, but a pulse constitutes a single bit and DACs do not operate on individual bits (not even DSD).
They operate on groups of 16-32 bits (PCM mode). The timing structure is based on the boundaries of those bit-groups (bytes).
Plus, the bits do not go directly from cable to DAC - there is always a USB interface circuit (XMOS or similar) in between that also serves as buffer
This decouples the timing jitter of source (PC) from that of sink (DAC).

Yes, dirty power is very real thing and can manifest in raising the noise floor of DACs.
Implementers have to make some seriously rookie mistakes or neglectful practices to miss cleaning that up before the DAC sees it.
Also, note that is quite a different effect from signal errors.

You are right in that a quality cable is important to maintain fidelity.
But if you have a system where source noise is coupled and audibly influential to the audio signal, cable/wire quality will have little to no effect on mitigating that.
Unless it's a ground loop somewhere, but that can be trivial to fix.

I have to hope you are just butchering that sentiment :)
How does a cable have any sound at all? It's a passive element.

Couldn't agree more with this entire post. Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back