The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #7,007 of 23,544
Received an email from my contact and was told my impressions were checked in yesterday. My loaners were checked to and the refund is being issued today.

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #7,008 of 23,544
Straight from support:
The message you’re seeing is an automatic message our system generates.

Just email them and they'll probably give you a better update

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #7,010 of 23,544

Something new is just around the corner!
If you visited us at CanJam SoCal this year, we hope you had a chance to demo our mystery IEM - the feedback on those of you who came by the booth was phenomenal! We're even more excited now for the launch of this product next week. The name and details are still under wraps, but we couldn't wait to share this first look with our 64 Family here on Head-Fi.

Ooohhh that shell looks lovely.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #7,011 of 23,544
I might get a bit of rage for saying this, but as someone who has the A18t - I strongly, strongly recommend you stay away from customs. Was a big mistake for me, and again - this was just my case

1. They get way dirtier and you lose the eartip protection so any earwax etc goes straight into the IEM/filter
2. Acryllic is much easier to break than aluminum (mine broke in a week haha *due to a fall from my desk, indeed*)
3. Maintenance is much more expensive in case of issues, breaks etc

I've had my A12's for over 2 years now and I have dropped them from a standing position onto a tiled floor. Bounced a couple of times and not a scratch on them ..

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #7,012 of 23,544
Took my beloved U18t out of the case, went on to replace the M20 module with M15 for a little bit of classical music over coffee this morning, and this happened:
U18t faceplate 2.jpg U18t faceplate 1.jpg
The faceplate completely detached from the earpiece and remained in my hand (with the M20 module in it..), ouch.

Anyone had a similar experience?
I dropped a message to @64Audio, waiting for instructions on what to do.. I suppose I'll have to send them in for repair. :triportsad:

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #7,013 of 23,544
64 customer services continues to baffle me.

I broke my CIEM a few weeks ago after dropping it once, sent it back for repair, they received it 11 days ago

Their dealer spoke to them and told me it was covered under warranty and it’ll be 50 dollars to change the faceplate

Expected time for repair was 1-2 weeks, from what I understand they haven’t started yet

Now I speak to their dealer and suddenly he doesn’t know if it’s covered under the warranty and the price has become 150 dollars

Like what?

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #7,014 of 23,544
Took my beloved U18t out of the case, went on to replace the M20 module with M15 for a little bit of classical music over coffee this morning, and this happened:

The faceplate completely detached from the earpiece and remained in my hand (with the M20 module in it..), ouch.

Anyone had a similar experience?
I dropped a message to @64Audio, waiting for instructions on what to do.. I suppose I'll have to send them in for repair. :triportsad:
Why send it back for them to charge you a fee and shipping cost, super glue or use some type of adhesive, if you send it back that what they going to do

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #7,015 of 23,544
64 customer services continues to baffle me.

I broke my CIEM a few weeks ago after dropping it once, sent it back for repair, they received it 11 days ago

Their dealer spoke to them and told me it was covered under warranty and it’ll be 50 dollars to change the faceplate

Expected time for repair was 1-2 weeks, from what I understand they haven’t started yet

Now I speak to their dealer and suddenly he doesn’t know if it’s covered under the warranty and the price has become 150 dollars

Like what?
Even at $150 is still cheap compared to other

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #7,016 of 23,544
Even at $150 is still cheap compared to other
It’s not about the money - it’s conceptually ridiculous that they change their mind about what something costs two weeks later

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #7,018 of 23,544
Received my U18t today. Everything is perfect except that the left unit doesn’t have that black ring (?) which is part of the wax guard maybe? Should I be worried?
I'd contact 64 Audio. It looks like a ring that keeps the screen in place. I think my Fourtes have this ring also, but it's hard to tell because the whole shell is black.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #7,020 of 23,544
I’m going to be pissed if you guys roll out a better flagship ciem days after I ordered the A18T!

So 64 Audio should never strive to improve? This happens to all of us and even on non audio devices. Buy the latest PC processor and a new one might come out soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back