The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 2, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #7,471 of 23,578
For those who have tried the FIR modules with the A18t... any impressions? What’s this carrot module some individuals have mentioned?

I’ve been GREATLY enjoying my A18t with Leonidas II cable, and just wondering what can beat this...
I have the FiR modules and absolutely love them.

The M17 is a very good trade off between the 15 and the 20, giving you the openness of the 15 but without sacrificing the low end of quantity

The FiR M13 is my absolute favourite. The soundstage becomes ginormous, details get accentuated even more than they already do and you end up with this extremely open and out of this world experience. You do get quite a bit less bass I must admit, but it remains very well textured and appropriate to the rest of the IEM

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #7,472 of 23,578
For those who have tried the FIR modules with the A18t... any impressions? What’s this carrot module some individuals have mentioned?

I’ve been GREATLY enjoying my A18t with Leonidas II cable, and just wondering what can beat this...

I covered it in depth here. And, as it was mentioned by others, carrot is a solid piece of aluminum, painted orange :wink: It's for a "total" isolation.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #7,473 of 23,578
I am really liking my A12t out of my QP1R and QP2R.

On another note, there is still no way to log in to 64 Audio on an iPhone.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #7,474 of 23,578
I am really liking my A12t out of my QP1R and QP2R.

On another note, there is still no way to log in to 64 Audio on an iPhone.
I found a way to login! If you scroll to the very bottom of an order ordered on the new site, there’s a login link that works. It’s just not branded with 64Audio.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #7,478 of 23,578
I found a way to login! If you scroll to the very bottom of an order ordered on the new site, there’s a login link that works. It’s just not branded with 64Audio.

I don’t see it, but I found another way. Go to the menu and select support, then check on an order. That will take you to a login screen. They really need to make it simpler.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #7,479 of 23,578
Thanks, I'd never heard of it. The only DAPs I've ever come in contact with (or owned) are A&K. Are there (subjectively) better DAPs than A&K and if so, how many?

Better is subjective as far as sound, but they are better priced and have a basic UI. No touch screen, WiFi or Bluetooth. The QP2R is the newer model. They sound very good.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #7,481 of 23,578

I used the carrots several times in the plane, to get better isolation.. but in a normal listening environment the lack of apex really hurts air, stage and separation for the A/U18t.
Bass is increased, which helps a bit on the plane but in a quiet environment it is just too much. It looses focus and becomes a bit too boomy .. bleeds a bit in the mids and ruins overall coherency.
Definitely you can skip and explore a bit the FIR options..

btw, I personally didn't like SP1000Cu+Leonidas 2+U18t pairing, to me something was tonally off but maybe synergy is better with the SP1000M.
+I hate that EA cables becomes very stiff after a few months of regular usage so I stopped buying them.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #7,482 of 23,578
Thanks, I'd never heard of it. The only DAPs I've ever come in contact with (or owned) are A&K. Are there (subjectively) better DAPs than A&K and if so, how many?

iBasso DX220 with Amp 9 is great.

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #7,485 of 23,578
hi, bought the tia trio and wonder if some can suggest a good cable upgrade for the tia trio that is within the 200-300 usd range, I will use it with my cayin n6ii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back