Violectric DHA V226
Feb 18, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #46 of 99
That’s what I thought but didn’t want to accept it. I can’t think of any other example of a balanced headphone amp lacking balanced inputs.
There's a few around - the Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amp comes to mind off the top of my head. For balanced inputs in the new Violectric range you need to go all the way up to the V590 (or V550).

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #47 of 99
There's a few around - the Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amp comes to mind off the top of my head. For balanced inputs in the new Violectric range you need to go all the way up to the V590 (or V550).
The V340, similarly voiced as the 226 but with more power, has XLR inputs.

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #48 of 99
The V340, similarly voiced as the 226 but with more power, has XLR inputs.
I believe v340 only has RCA inputs; you’ll have to step into the V550 to get balanced inputs

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #50 of 99
I believe v340 only has RCA inputs; you’ll have to step into the V550 to get balanced inputs
Your're right, only the line outs are XLR.

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #52 of 99
Has anyone compared the V226 to the V280 FE? Considering switching for the balanced XLR inputs.
It will be included in my upcoming review.
Short version - V226 slightly less warm, better technicalities, a touch more clear and controlled, slightly better separation, a little more dynamic, you get the picture.
V226 single ended output is better and less gimped than the V280.
What is your headphone and DAC?

Feb 18, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #53 of 99
It will be included in my upcoming review.
Short version - V226 slightly less warm, better technicalities, a touch more clear and controlled, slightly better separation, a little more dynamic, you get the picture.
V226 single ended output is better and less gimped than the V280.
What is your headphone and DAC?
Thanks. Current HP's are all Foster variants: TH900, D7200, D7000, E-MU Teak, TR-X00. May acquire LCD-3, Verite C in the future.

DAC: MHDT Pagoda Balanced. Considering Ares II.

Feb 18, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #54 of 99
Thanks. Current HP's are all Foster variants: TH900, D7200, D7000, E-MU Teak, TR-X00. May acquire LCD-3, Verite C in the future.

DAC: MHDT Pagoda Balanced. Considering Ares II.
From a headphone and DAC perspective (if you get the Ares) it seems that the V226 is the best option.

Feb 19, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #55 of 99
I went for the Phonitor 2 since I couldn't find a Violectric with multiple XLR inputs that I could afford, and I don't want an all-in-one since I already have enough DACs.

My V280 is staying, I run the Brooklyn into it via XLR.

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #58 of 99
yes, really well written.

Feb 28, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #59 of 99
Hello.

Sorry, my english is not the best...
So I beg your pardon.

I would also like to say that the Violectric is my first headphone amplifier.

I have been using the Violectric DHA V226 since February 17th, 2022.

The Violectric arrived safely packed.
The volume control sits firmly on the potentiometer and nothing wobbles.
The gap dimensions are even.
The processing quality is excellent.

What I noticed, however, is that when I turn the volume control to the left and right between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. (without a signal), there is occasionally a slight scratching from the headphones.

I use the DHA V226 with Audeze LCD-2 Classic headphones.
The headphones are connected to the Violectric via a ready-made XLR cable.

My first listening impression:
I have owned some CDs for over 30 years and I have never noticed so many details.
In my opinion, the combination of Violectric DHA V226 and Audeze LCD-2 Classic is a great combination.
As I said, both devices are not burned in yet.

I haven't used the amp's DAC yet because I don't have the appropriate material.
I listen exclusively through a SACD player and use a turntable with a phono preamp.

The only thing that bothers me so far is the scratching when moving the volume control.
Therefore the company will contact Violectric.

When the devices are burned in, I'll post a summary here again.

Mar 2, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #60 of 99
Don't make a mistake!
This is a headphone amplifier.
The embedded DAC is something like an added bonus.
Feed the V226 with a good, musical DAC and you will be amazed by the performance.
Love to hear about someone plugging a BF2 into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back