ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #5,236 of 6,271
Is it me or are the most of the units we saw in the clip Calderas and AC? Couldnt spot any AO stabilised housings or maybe I cant tell them apart from Caldera cups..

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #5,237 of 6,271
Is it me or are the most of the units we saw in the clip Calderas and AC? Couldnt spot any AO stabilised housings or maybe I cant tell them apart from Caldera cups..
I was under the impression that they both share the same cup housing(externally, anyways).
Never actually scrutinized close enough to see if there are indeed differences with the vents.

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #5,238 of 6,271
There's a mix of pretty much everything on the tables. Some Aeolus, Verite Open, and of course Caldera/Atrium Open (which have very similar vent sizes).

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #5,239 of 6,271
Has anyone here used the Atrium Open with the Holo Bliss extensively? If so, how do you like it? Would you say tubes are a must?

I'm thinking about grabbing an Atrium on Friday but I'm hesitant because I probably won't be getting a tube setup in the near future (perhaps when the ZMF + Aegis release happens?). I spent a little time with the Atrium on the Holo stack in the ZMF room at CanJam SoCal. I did quite like how it sounded, but it wasn't for very long and the room was fairly loud at the time.

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #5,240 of 6,271
Has anyone here used the Atrium Open with the Holo Bliss extensively? If so, how do you like it? Would you say tubes are a must?

I'm thinking about grabbing an Atrium on Friday but I'm hesitant because I probably won't be getting a tube setup in the near future (perhaps when the ZMF + Aegis release happens?). I spent a little time with the Atrium on the Holo stack in the ZMF room at CanJam SoCal. I did quite like how it sounded, but it wasn't for very long and the room was fairly loud at the time.
Not sure about AO (eying it myself atm) but Atrium Closed is marvellous with Bliss, my (rather good) tube amp is nowhere close even with cherrypicked nos tubes.

Nov 20, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #5,241 of 6,271
The Atrium doesn’t need tubes. Quality amplification and synergy are more important.

Nov 20, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #5,242 of 6,271
The Atrium doesn’t need tubes. Quality amplification and synergy are more important.
I agree. The only ZMF headphones I think always sounds its best with tubes is the Verite line. Atrium sounds good off of my dongles.

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #5,244 of 6,271
I’m impressed with how well the Questyle M15 can drive the Atrium.

But, man does the Atrium reward you for properly matching it up with some quality power.

So far, the best I’ve heard them is off of a couple Class A stereo monoblocks (30WPC) 🥲

Still, AO doesn’t demand it. Just reciprocates and provides.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #5,245 of 6,271
I’m impressed with how well the Questyle M15 can drive the Atrium.

But, man does the Atrium reward you for properly matching it up with some quality power.

So far, the best I’ve heard them is off of a couple Class A stereo monoblocks (30WPC) 🥲

Still, AO doesn’t demand it. Just reciprocates and provides.
That M15 is a little beast. I'm planning on testing it with the BOKEH very soon. In the meantime, I'll have to try it out with a full sized ZMF.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #5,246 of 6,271
Confirming Atrium Open sounds great with XD-05, Topping NX7, and IFi Diablo portable amps, a Wells Audio Milo desktop, and also has amazing synergy with my 20+ year-old Headroom Maxed Out Home, all solid state amps.

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #5,247 of 6,271
I listen to my Atriums on my Burson Soloist and Monolith Liquid Platinum Amp/DAC. Plenty of power on both.

Nov 21, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #5,248 of 6,271
Liquid Platinum is pretty mindblowing with any ZMF.

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #5,249 of 6,271
My Atrium Open Pad Comparison has been updated to include the Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated Pads.

The results might be surprising to some, and others not so much.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmfheadphones-universe-pads.25839/reviews#review-31765

The Ultra Perf pads will also be added to my Verite Open Comparison at the beginning of next week.
I totally agree with your review of the Ultra Perforated pads on the Atrium Open!

Thinking about it now it would be very interesting to hear the Atrium Open with Thick Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated pads since the regular Thick pads seem to add more bass with the Caldera. If the hypothetical Thick Ultra Perforated pads could keep the bass levels of the Atrium Open with the Universe pads while adding other benefits from the Ultra Perforated pads they could be the best pads yet!

@zach915m Have you ever made and tested Thick Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated pads with the Atrium Open?

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #5,250 of 6,271
I totally agree with your review of the Ultra Perforated pads on the Atrium Open!

Thinking about it now it would be very interesting to hear the Atrium Open with Thick Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated pads since the regular Thick pads seem to add more bass with the Caldera. If the hypothetical Thick Ultra Perforated pads could keep the bass levels of the Atrium Open with the Universe pads while adding other benefits from the Ultra Perforated pads they could be the best pads yet!

@zach915m Have you ever made and tested Thick Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated pads with the Atrium Open?
Haven't tried any other ultra-perfs yet, but I will soon enough.

We are moving into a larger space and I have been banned by our team from experimenting with too much new pads until we move.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back