ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Oct 3, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #61 of 2,460
Excited to potentially have this with my Aeolus as a Closed back option. Curious to read what people have to say about it's performance.

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #63 of 2,460
Every film instructor I had, from the USA or foreign pronounced it with a "kuh" at the end, but I learned this weekend that the correct pronunciation is with "Kay" at the end.

So anyways - I certainly think it a tomato / tomahto situation and I love you all 🍅😢💋

I believe it's pronounced "buh-ohhh-k-eeee-yahhhhh!" as it refers to the out of focus rendering of an image are you trying to tell us it's going to blur the sonics and make it creamy smooth? what pads will add sharpening and saturation? can i use lightroom to edit the sonics? i hope it handles my high ISO metal tracks.... ok i'll stop now... maybe... just please tell us it makes bokeh balls!

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #65 of 2,460
Would the ZMF Classic and the Blackwood classify as the first closed portables from Zach?
Maybe if you had a stack of gear strapped to a dolly and hooked up to a car battery, then you could call those headphones portable. Fostex T50RP's aren't exactly the easiest headphones to drive.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #66 of 2,460
In Jamaica, would it be Bokemon ? 🤔

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #71 of 2,460
Great addition to the ZMF line up.
A little bummer is the 3.5 mm input Jack, why not stick to mini XLR?
Not enough space for the mini XLR?

I would have liked to use my current ZMF cables (although I have plenty of 3.5 mm headphone cables too).

Will be interesting to read in the future about the perceived differences between VC/AC and the Bokeh of different users.

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #72 of 2,460
I would imagine due to the portable nature of these. 3.5mm is faster to insert and remove than mini xlr. I'm going to use an Artic cable I have for my Susvara.

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #73 of 2,460
As a fan of the Atticus, it will be interesting to see how these compare. My main complaint about the Atticus is how unwieldy and heavy they are. A "portable" (by ZMF standards at least) sounds very appealing.

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #74 of 2,460

I would have liked to use my current ZMF cables (although I have plenty of 3.5 mm headphone cables too).

Will be interesting to read in the future about the perceived differences between VC/AC and the Bokeh of different users.
I KNEW I hung on to my 3.5 mm cables and adapters for a reason!

Oct 4, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #75 of 2,460
Man, I was set on getting a Caldera during ZMF November, but now with Bokeh and Arcadia being released soon its getting real hard to decide now

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back