Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #2,236 of 2,727
To add to the conversation about the bulging old blue 47microfarad capacitors in the first run.

I just got my MJ3 (First run, ordered morning of release date) back from repair of the funky gain switch, upon looking at it, I have one 10u black cap and one 47u blue cap. I'm not sure if they switched it out as well while it was there, but there's no mention of any work besides the gain switch on the repair invoice/sheet. Strange, but glad to see I now have the same cap layout as the second run it seems, besides the color of the 47 cap.

Quite hard to take a picture without opening the case:

oh, wow, thats interesting.
It appears they are updating with the fix when units come in for repair.

If I had to guess it seems they have taken the "stealth update" approach, and knowing what we do about Schiit I can't say I blame them. The amount of pain they'd get from everybody sending in their MJ3 back for repair at the same time would be catastrophic for the repair line.
I think ethically it's probably fine since there is warranty coverage and it doesnt seem like anybody has had total failure or anything.

I'd say looking at your caps daily as you sit down to listen is in order though.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #2,237 of 2,727
I guess they would not accept new order if fulfillment was out of reach.
It is just a bit strange if Schiit EU cancelled @centuriones order from 22nd January, but mine is still live which I placed on the 4th March on Schiit's website.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #2,239 of 2,727
It is just a bit strange if Schiit EU cancelled @centuriones order from 22nd January, but mine is still live which I placed on the 4th March on Schiit's website.
Is yours silver and his black?
Thats all I can think of bc each batch is color segmented.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #2,240 of 2,727
I don't really know what to say, but I was very disappointed.
I bet, Man! I feel for you, that really really sucks.
And normally I'd steer you to a Flux Mentor and tell you it's better in some folks' eyes, but, you can't even do that because they arent taking orders right now either.

Damn, Homey.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #2,241 of 2,727
To add to the conversation about the bulging old blue 47microfarad capacitors in the first run.

I just got my MJ3 (First run, ordered morning of release date) back from repair of the funky gain switch, upon looking at it, I have one 10u black cap and one 47u blue cap. I'm not sure if they switched it out as well while it was there, but there's no mention of any work besides the gain switch on the repair invoice/sheet. Strange, but glad to see I now have the same cap layout as the second run it seems, besides the color of the 47 cap.

Quite hard to take a picture without opening the case:

IMG_3951.JPGIMG_3955.JPG
huh well look at that haha, I guess I'll have to see what they say about mine. If they ever respond to my inquiry.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #2,243 of 2,727
This is what Schiit Eu replied to me after I asked him if there was any news on the Mjolnir 3 shipment:

"No not yet, we are also on the point to refund the order, because its taking too long before we can fill in your order. Its paid with paypal and in case of possible returns there are fees included, so we can't keep it open that long. We will then register your name on the list to be able to order it in line as you have now placed the order, so you won't lose your spot.
thanks,"

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #2,245 of 2,727
This is what Schiit Eu replied to me after I asked him if there was any news on the Mjolnir 3 shipment:

"No not yet, we are also on the point to refund the order, because its taking too long before we can fill in your order. Its paid with paypal and in case of possible returns there are fees included, so we can't keep it open that long. We will then register your name on the list to be able to order it in line as you have now placed the order, so you won't lose your spot.
thanks,"
So, they did not cancel your order, just had to refund your PayPal payment due to PP's time limited return policy. You will pay once your MJ3 arrives to them, in case you are happy to wait longer.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #2,247 of 2,727
Yeah people are running into this on Modhouse Tungsten orders too.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #2,249 of 2,727
Thanks guys for the info, I hadn't read these terms.
Now I'm calmer.At this point I can't wait for Mjolnir to be released.
Thanks again for the explanation.
I'd just stay in touch with them so they know you are still waiting

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #2,250 of 2,727
Finally got a reply MJ3 is going home again. :disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back