Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon: February 10th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #78 of 287
Oh, I'm just interested from a technical stand point.

I do get the impression that the HD820 will be superior for genres that require excellent sub-bass response. I don't mind giving up a tiny bit of soundstage width for that, assuming the sub, mid-bass, and everything else are still subjectively balanced with one another. I can tell that the HD800 ring drivers already have excellent low-end extension and texture (Even superior to the AFO or Ether Open, IMO), it's just that they roll off due to the open design. Indeed, I listen rather quietly, yet I still feel the HD800 cups vibrating against my head. The HD650 certainly didn't do this. A properly-tuned and designed closed HD800 should be the bees knees.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #81 of 287
Closed backs and price throw me off a bit. I understand the need for closed backs so I won't go into that but the price is opening up into territory that they better be bloody amazeballs.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #84 of 287
I may be in town, I'm not sure yet. But, I can bring my LCD-2C's and/or my Fostex TH-610's if I am. Which would you guys like to see?
There are enough people in the world, specifically China, that will not even touch stuff unless it’s expensive. A company has to weigh that vs increased sales with a lower price. There is also the old hard cover pricing vs paperback, so we may see a lower price later is sales fall off. Finally, they may be positioning an 820 open at the same price point later. The market has shown it can support headphones at those prices, so companies are stepping up.

Interestingly enough, I’m at a business conference (MicroStrategy World) where one of the speakers is from sennheiser. He will speak on how Senn uses data analytics. I’m not sure what the context is, but I hope to attend the session.

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #90 of 287
Of course you’re welcome. You can share space with me if need be but I believe you’ll be fine.
Looking forward to Meeting you
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back