Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon: February 10th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #106 of 287
We can hook up to Coolzo Freya and a/b them

This is going to be a next-level Schiitstorm! I can't wait to see the big pile o' silver.

Anyway, I'm sure everybody's already keenly aware, but for those who are lurking on-and-off: Justin from @ampsandsound will be coming down to the desert, with three tube amps in tow! So many tubes and other shiny things at this meet.

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #107 of 287
Hello Folks,

Looks like I will be able to make the meet! I'm very excited. I have reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn Avondale and the
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear - Phoenix West

The Quality Inn is 3 miles away from the Hilton. My wife can drive me to the meet, but she is not sure if she will be done shopping by the end of the meet. So why stay at the Quality Inn? We will save $125! As she put it, "think of all the cables you can buy with $125!" I told her, not much :) Still, $125 (plus free breakfast) is $125.

Is there anyone that plans to stay 'till the end of the meet that might be able to drive me (and my schiit-load of gear) back to the Quality inn? I could get an uber, but alway worth asking.

Also, I got some 3D printed rings that allow me to use third party pads on the Utopia. I'll bring the rings and a few pad options. Will I use alternative pads? Not sure. Probably not. If I want more bass, I'll just us EQ. Still, it's fun to experiment.

Jan 20, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #108 of 287
Hello Folks,

Looks like I will be able to make the meet! I'm very excited. I have reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn Avondale and the
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear - Phoenix West

The Quality Inn is 3 miles away from the Hilton. My wife can drive me to the meet, but she is not sure if she will be done shopping by the end of the meet. So why stay at the Quality Inn? We will save $125! As she put it, "think of all the cables you can buy with $125!" I told her, not much :) Still, $125 (plus free breakfast) is $125.

Is there anyone that plans to stay 'till the end of the meet that might be able to drive me (and my schiit-load of gear) back to the Quality inn? I could get an uber, but alway worth asking.

Also, I got some 3D printed rings that allow me to use third party pads on the Utopia. I'll bring the rings and a few pad options. Will I use alternative pads? Not sure. Probably not. If I want more bass, I'll just us EQ. Still, it's fun to experiment.
Awesome that you can make it.
No Uber needed. I can always run you over to your Hotel so no worries!

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #111 of 287
Hey @Coolzo you can add a Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Bimby) gen 5 USB and a Fostex TH900 MK2 to the list.

I'll also bring a Senn HD6xx and a Senn HD600

My HD6xx is unmodified. Hopefully someone can bring a modified one and we can compare.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #112 of 287
So good news it here is a final update to the gear i'm bringing:

DACS:
Schiit Yggdrasil

AMPS:
Schiit Ragnarok
Bottlehead Mainline

DACAMP:
Marantz HDDAC1

CANS:
LCD3F w/ carbon fiber headband
Sennheisser HD800s
Sennhesier HD600
VModa M100

Source:
Roon w/Tidal via Sonore Ultrarendu

Bad News

I'll likely leave early due to family in town but am trying to arrange leaving my yggy/raggy stack up there for the meet. Anyone in tucson going up or in phoenix that comes down to tucson regularly? PM me

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #113 of 287
Hmm, just checked the first page and no longer see my HP and amp listed... Pretty sure I can stay for longer than an hour this time.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #115 of 287
Hmm, just checked the first page and no longer see my HP and amp listed... Pretty sure I can stay for longer than an hour this time.

Added, I don't think it was ever listed in this particular thread, although I could be wrong.

Later today, I will be adding a little classifieds section, so make sure you all make note of whatever gear you might like to sell at the meet!

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #118 of 287
Added a basic quick 'n' dirty "for sale section". Also, @funch I quoted you for your very apt description, I hope you don't mind!

I'm selling my DAC-19 (10th anniversary edition) w/Amanero USB for $550. In original shipping box.
I have an extra set of ACSS (1m length) cables for it as well for $20.

Decided having both the DAC-19 and S-19 was a bit redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back