Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Dec 18, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #1,291 of 2,698
Thank you Shetzu for your answer. I have tried the USB Dac with my laptop and it works perfectly
I had another question regarding the Balance output. My earphones are jack 3.5. I couldn't test the balance output because of that. Will I hear a difference in sound between the balance and unbalanced output? if the answer is yes, could you recommend a good 3.5 to 2.5 adapter?
Thank you

Yes the balanced output sounds better. You need to get a balanced cable with 2.5mm plug. In case you want to use 3.5mm plug later the same cable can be used along with adapter 2,5mm female to 3.5mm male. You can get the Fiio adapter which is the best. I had posted the image few pages back.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #1,293 of 2,698
Are there currently any wireless Bluetooth speakers on the market that support the hd Bluetooth Kann has built in,

Of course there are many. Depends what you want to spend. You can try the UE Boom Brand. (Ultimate Ears)

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,294 of 2,698
Are there currently any wireless Bluetooth speakers on the market that support the hd Bluetooth Kann has built in,
As far as I know, No. Aptx hd is supported by a some headphones, one by audiotechnica( I forget the model number) and the Sony 1000 xm2, which I have.( sounds great, fantastic noise cancelling as well). For boom boxes have a look at clavinetjunkie on YouTube. His recommendations are usually excellent.. Inatek(inactek..?) Also make an aptx hd bluetooth transmitter/ receiver which you can plug into any line in Jack of any audio receiver/powered speaker to convert it into a aptx hd ready system.
Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,295 of 2,698
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 29, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,296 of 2,698
my first dap and loving it. maybe it's just me but, the screen is too bright even at the lowest settings, staring at it during night gives me headache. will be great if it can go a bit darker. thanks :)

Dec 31, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #1,298 of 2,698
my first dap and loving it. maybe it's just me but, the screen is too bright even at the lowest settings, staring at it during night gives me headache. will be great if it can go a bit darker. thanks :)

I have the display at the lowest setting and I think t is reasonably good. If you feel bright get a matt screen guard and it may help.

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #1,299 of 2,698
I have the display at the lowest setting and I think t is reasonably good. If you feel bright get a matt screen guard and it may help.

My android phone can be darker, maybe my eyes are getting used to it. Besides, if it can be changed by the device, we can save even more power. Only if you like staring at the album cover like me, hahaha. But a screen guard sounds like a good idea, guess i'll start looking for one,. Thanks :)

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #1,300 of 2,698
Hi,
Have you heard any difference in sound quality between the unbalanced and the balanced output?

Jan 2, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #1,302 of 2,698
Jan 2, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #1,303 of 2,698
Yes. Fiio Balanced cable with shure 535 se is heaven personified.
Thank you for your reply. I have an Audeze iSine 10. I can't find a balanced 2.5mm cable for it :disappointed_relieved:. I will never be able to experience the sound out of the balanced out

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #1,304 of 2,698
Yes it can be used as a Dac with a mac computer. Read my post above as to how to go about it. You have to have a good app like Audivarna + on mac to play your HD files.

Hi Shetzu,

I have tried to connect my Kann as USB DAC to my Mac, but it is not recognised, which is unusual. Typically my Mac will instantly recognise external USB DAC devices, like my Mojo, HiFi M8, Fiio X5-iii and DX-200. I have tried to restart both my Kann and my Mac, albeit with no joy.

I have tried to connect it to my iPad using the Apple USB connector, and it seems to be recognised but it said that Kann USB DAC is using too much power thus it is not working.

By the way, I am using 2015 MacBook Pro 15".

Can you please shed a light on my issues?

Thanks.

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #1,305 of 2,698
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back