Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 21, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #2,596 of 7,153
You mean Mary Kate and Osama? John Oliver is right...there is only one...she is incredibly fast...

All kidding aside, one of the twins (Elizabeth) is a pretty fair actress. She's been in some average-or-better films (Godzilla; Oldboy; Wind River). I was pretty impressed with her character acting in Wind River--a film filled with good performances (she fit right in).

She wasn't wearing inexpensive-but-good Chinese headphones in any of her films, unfortunately...

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #2,597 of 7,153
All kidding aside, one of the twins (Elizabeth) is a pretty fair actress. She's been in some average-or-better films (Godzilla; Oldboy; Wind River). I was pretty impressed with her character acting in Wind River--a film filled with good performances (she fit right in).

She wasn't wearing inexpensive-but-good Chinese headphones in any of her films, unfortunately...
Elizabeth the little sister. Just saying.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,600 of 7,153
If they have my babies, the babies would be half chinese haha. Okay back on track. I see you hyping up the Pro 82s a lot, how do they compare to something like the MSR7 or Meze 99C.
I have auditioned Meze 99 Classic, and here are my quick impressions - comfortable, clear mids, good timbre, somewhat compressed sound, mediocre soundstage, bass is a hit and a miss.
Pro 82 all the way.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #2,602 of 7,153
Elizabeth is not one of the twins?

Apparently I've been misinformed...about absolutely everything.
Mary Kate and Ashley are twins. Elizabeth is the little sister.

On topic, I love the 99C.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #2,604 of 7,153
Semi-on topic, I received a pair of DXB-04 today, branded by DD Audio. I'm sure they are manufactured by E-Smooth. However, they are using 50mm drivers instead of the 40mm drivers that were in the Meze88/Symphony Wraith 2.0 cause the specs of both driver sizes match. The driver housing has been tuned to the drivers and oh man they give some clean bass and wonderful clarity on the mids and highs. Wanted to just give the heads up cause these headphones are hidden in the basshead thread and are truly a hidden gem tucked away.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #2,606 of 7,153
Nov 21, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #2,608 of 7,153
I don't think they would sound similar cause even though they have the same frequency range and specs, driver sizes are different and the housings are different. HBB tested different 50mm drivers in the housing of the DXB-04 and he said they all sounded bad compared to the original. On top of that I've read multiple reviews that the Wraiths 1.0 and 2.0 sound muddy in the mids and highs whereas I haven't encountered any muddiness listening to DXB-04. What make the headphones great are that they are studio tuned and emphasize a lot on the bass but the delivery is clean.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,610 of 7,153
I love my Meze 99 Neo.

Semi-on topic, I received a pair of DXB-04 today, branded by DD Audio. I'm sure they are manufactured by E-Smooth. However, they are using 50mm drivers instead of the 40mm drivers that were in the Meze88/Symphony Wraith 2.0 cause the specs of both driver sizes match. The driver housing has been tuned to the drivers and oh man they give some clean bass and wonderful clarity on the mids and highs. Wanted to just give the heads up cause these headphones are hidden in the basshead thread and are truly a hidden gem tucked away.

I was about to pull the trigger on the $200 BF Meze 99 Neos but now I'm curious about the DXB-04s. Anyone else around here heard both? I'm a sucker for wood but don't want to pay $310 for Meze 99 Cs. Getting equivalent or better sound than the Meze offerings for $99 would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back