Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #11,237 of 11,472

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230713_213608_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230713_213608_eBay.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230713_213721_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230713_213721_eBay.jpg
    805.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #11,238 of 11,472
It's not really possible to say whether they are nos or not by state of pins or print, it all depends how they have been stored. Personally I would be looking for original boxed tubes before considering if I was only interested in nos tubes. Sorry not much help. Providing there is the opportunity to return tubes, sometimes you have to take a chance.

Jul 13, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #11,239 of 11,472
This is pure gambling.

I got a rotten pair last year and sent it back and got the money back.

At the end of the year I found another pair of 5998s new at a bargain price.
Go on Wooaudio and see what they want for a pair,you will turn around.

A few weeks ago a couple of Gec Kt66 at a bargain price.
Unfortunately not suitable for Euforia with 6SN7 tubes.
But they are going into a new amp that is coming soon.

Next month I'll get 5692 for a great price through a well-kept friendship.

As you can see, it's all a gamble if you stay patient.

The 5998 are in any case Nos, but just already used.
Which doesn't have to be a bad thing.
If they work, I'm happy for the one who was able to snatch a pair.

Jul 13, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #11,240 of 11,472
If they are used they are NOT NOS by Definition.

They might still be old stock tho

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #11,241 of 11,472
This is pure gambling.

I got a rotten pair last year and sent it back and got the money back.

At the end of the year I found another pair of 5998s new at a bargain price.
Go on Wooaudio and see what they want for a pair,you will turn around.

A few weeks ago a couple of Gec Kt66 at a bargain price.
Unfortunately not suitable for Euforia with 6SN7 tubes.
But they are going into a new amp that is coming soon.

Next month I'll get 5692 for a great price through a well-kept friendship.

As you can see, it's all a gamble if you stay patient.

Which doesn't have to be a bad thing.
If they work, I'm happy for the one who was able to snatch a pair.
Yes but not willing to trust a seller if they stated nos were they are clearly not nos I cancelled the order and am waiting for a refund would rather wait for a decent pair , woo audio is charging way too much just cannot bring myself to pay that much for tubes are they that good ? This is the second time I nearly had my hands on a pair maybe next time lol .

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #11,243 of 11,472
It's not really possible to say whether they are nos or not by state of pins or print, it all depends how they have been stored. Personally I would be looking for original boxed tubes before considering if I was only interested in nos tubes. Sorry not much help. Providing there is the opportunity to return tubes, sometimes you have to take a chance.
Thanks for the info I just wasn't ready to take that chance considering he does not accept returns and no original boxes either he wanted 500 dollars.

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #11,244 of 11,472
Why should Nos tubes that are "used" no longer be Nos?
They are still Nos with the fact that they are no longer new, okay. the condition remains predominantly or were manufactured in the year X anyway.
Whether 1945,1950,1960 ect they are no longer manufactured.

Should it then be called Uos for = Used old stock?

If the measurements are still usable, a used pair will do as well.
It is also normal for the tube to look a little burnt.
You can argue about pins, but you can always keep them if you know how to do it or know someone who does it well.

Jul 13, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #11,245 of 11,472
Guys just some info on tubes a great seller on ebay for nos tubes always spot on the link is for a pair I purchased This is one of my favorite tubes from the 1940's. This is the very 1st version, and the best of the RCA Gray Glass tubes. These are an extremely high demand tube that's becoming close to impossible to find in matched pairs. Incredible vocals, a warm and full mid range and very good bass extension with incredible low level detail. Imaging is precise and the perceived staging is extremely wide https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26628955...omwS8R3SI-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #11,246 of 11,472
Guys just some info on tubes a great seller on ebay for nos tubes always spot on the link is for a pair I purchased This is one of my favorite tubes from the 1940's. This is the very 1st version, and the best of the RCA Gray Glass tubes. These are an extremely high demand tube that's becoming close to impossible to find in matched pairs. Incredible vocals, a warm and full mid range and very good bass extension with incredible low level detail. Imaging is precise and the perceived staging is extremely wide https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26628955...omwS8R3SI-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I have the non military version of these, which are also great, and may even be the same tube. As you say, an excellent and popular tube, and increasingly hard to obtain.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #11,247 of 11,472
These are amazing. I use them as well

Jul 14, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #11,248 of 11,472
Was looking for this kind of tube for a while now and it's just my cup of tea my current tubes were the mullard 6080 and cbs 6sn7 which I found had no lower base extension or weight to the sound as soon as I rolled the rca's everything fell into place , great tubes but think that was his last pair , just thought il give his site a mention too he has been so helpful great guy very good seller . What power tubes work great with the rca's ? I'm still waiting for a pair of tung sol 5998s but if there is another similar set you guys can recommend would be great full thanks again .

Jul 15, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #11,249 of 11,472
Jul 15, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #11,250 of 11,472
Hi Folks, our humble review of the Euforia Evo is now posted with comparisons and tested with a wide range of headphones. I have to say there are times I prefer this to the Envy :)

https://headfonics.com/feliks-audio-euforia-evo-review/

1689412560540.png
@marcusd I'm sorry but telling the audience that amp tube is generating plenty of heat and showing it as con looks to me like the reviewer had to find one more drawback in a really great product. Can you show me tube amp that is not generating heat please? Its almost like saying it also requires some power to be operational. As a side note there are solid state amps that can also get very hot. I completely agree that both Evo and Euforia AE can not drive some hard to drive headphones to their full potentials (read: Susvara) but again this not the objective of this amp design. For those cans you can get Envy (which is mentioned in the review BTW) and be done. Again this looks like misunderstanding of the reviewed product to me. Overall I'm sure there was a planty of work put into the review and I like the list of pairings but those two points makes very sceptical and yet despite the cons the amp got a very high score (I would have given it even higher considering price tag). I'm sorry but I probably missed the point of this review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back